Are you passionate about innovation and the most recent digital trends to keep your skills sharp? Do you enjoy opportunities on working with other like minded individuals with the same goals? Does working with many different clients and industries intrigue you?
Our global consulting client is looking to add a bench of talented Visual Designers for freelance based work to assist with the many projects they are fulfilling for their Fortune 500 clients in their San Francisco studio, with some potential travel along the west coast. Projects can vary in length from 4 weeks to 6 months long, with the potential to extend by moving to a different project. Our client is currently closing deals with companies in the healthcare, retail, technology and bio-tech industries.
Main responsibilities will be:
● Ensure our work communicates clearly, is on brand, and delights users.
● Master Visual Design as a discipline and a practice.
● Explain, discuss, and justify design decisions eloquently. Give effective feedback and direction to other team members.
● Lead the definition and creation of flexible, coherent design systems and component libraries.
● Attend and give feedback in interviews for prospective candidates.
● Present creative concepts and designs and communicate rationale to the team.
● Understand brand strategy and the organizational/political dynamics of assigned brands, including the critical processes that drive them and the key players involved. Translate or extend the brand identity system to digital touchpoints.
● Support the role of the Creative Strategic Lead in client relationships, as appropriate and assigned
Additional Job Requirements:
5-7 years of design experience, 2+ years in a senior/lead role at a digital agency; graduate-level study may count toward 1-2 years of professional experience.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Visual Design.
Expert command of standard design and presentation applications (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote, Sketch, InVision); experience with video editing, motion graphics, and prototyping software is a plus.
Exceptional digital design portfolio with examples of mobile and touch work for mid-to-large clients that demonstrates conceptual problem solving and the ability to define look and feel for integrated experiences.
Demonstrated advanced ability to utilize feedback/direction from the Creative Lead to generate multiple design explorations and iterate designs to the satisfaction of the Creative Lead (and ensure junior staff do the same).
Experience in directing and motivating project teams, mentoring junior resources, inspiring teamwork and driving a team toward a great creative product.
Growing ability to build strong relationships with high-level clients.