Our large financial services client, located in midtown Manhattan, is seeking a (UI) Visual Designer to help create a best-in-class and innovative consumer-facing product. The ideal candidate has a strong background in visual and brand design, with user experience knowledge. The manager is looking for someone who is strictly a Visual/UI Designer - not someone with a strong UX focus.
You’ll become part of an entrepreneurial team that provides the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the support of a historical banking institution. We value collaboration, communication and creativity to interpret and bring innovative and functional designs to life.
- Long term contract position, full-time, ONSITE.
- Day-to-day includes: intake meetings for initiatives / designing / prototyping / working in Sketch / creating templates / presentations & deck work / manage style-guides.
- Culture: flat organization, must be a collaborator, start-up environment, jeans & T’s.
- Agency experience highly preferred
Our client provides products to help people manage their finances. The first product is a fixed-rate, no-fee unsecured personal loan that enables customers to tailor their monthly payment options to fit their schedule and budget.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
As a Senior Visual Designer, you will be responsible for the interactive and digital media design for the web, desktop, tablet and mobile platforms. You will excite and inspire users by creating high-quality concepts and mockups that incorporate elegant typography and color theory.
Our products are elegant, functional and minimalist. You will collaborate with fellow designers and product managers to create a simple, attractive, visual language and great-looking, usable products.
Skills: BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years designing digital web, desktop, tablet, responsive and mobile experiences widely adopted by users
• Experience with Sketch, Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects) and InVision
• Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with other creative team members, developers and project leads
• Practical understanding of the latest trends and technologies used to build rich web, desktop and mobile apps
• B.F.A or Undergraduate Degree in graphic or web design
• PORTFOLIO REQUIRED: When applying for this position, please include a link to your online portfolio or attach work samples.
- Strong love of beautiful typography
- CSS knowledge a plus
- Experience with data visualization a plus
- Knowledge of the financial services industry a plus