We're looking to recruit a Visual designer to join our design studio to support developer accessibility tools. As designers, we are responsible for the end-to-end experience of how users interact with our software products. You should be at home creating user-centered screen mockups, in coherence with our design system.
In this role you'll be asked to finalize the UX design of projects making sure they are following the design system and are aesthetically pleasing, enhance the ease of use, and allow better user experiences. You'll have experience of working closely with product managers, visual designers, user researchers, developers and other designers to both improve existing product areas and bring new projects to fruition. The person we are looking for will be a great communicator, and will be equally comfortable sharing their insights with both partners within the business as well as other members of the design team.
If you're enthusiastic about improving the software development user experience for people of all abilities, and love discussing technology and software development as much as you love discussing design, this is the perfect job for you.
As a Visual designer, you will
• Utilize your experience in design thinking to delve deeply into problems and find the best solutions that meet both the needs of the user and business objectives.
• Use sketches, wireframes, prototypes, user flows and non-functional specifications to use in your visual designs.
• Clearly and systematically manage design scope in a timely fashion to facilitate progress. You'll ensure that delivered designs are implementable within given time and resource constraints.
• Establish the look and feel for various interfaces
• Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a brand’s style or voice through its visual touchpoints
• Design user-centered screen mockups
• Proven experience in Visual Design in an iterative development environment.
• Lateral problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Needs to be able to identify possible solutions that are outside of the obvious design space.
• The ability to clearly and succinctly present design concepts and explain design thinking to non-design contributors.
• A deep understanding of Visual design patterns.
• A solid foundation in layout and design
• Excellent visual, written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to effectively take direction and work both collaboratively and autonomously
Basic qualifications and experience
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Visual Designer working on software products.
Desirable qualifications and experience
• A background in software engineering; you will have written code at some point as part for your career, hobbies or education.
• A strong portfolio of design work demonstrating expertise with a wide range of Visual design.
• Experience working client side as a UX designer on products at a software development company — not only agency experience.