Our client, a Fortune 100 Energy company in the Woodlands, is looking for people who desire to work in a company that values user experience and want to join a corporate community of scores of UX professionals who will challenge you and grow your skillset. If you want to work on challenging engineering software with highly technical problems and have strong skills in visual design and data visualization, this could be the perfect place for you!
Our client is looking for a skilled Visual Designer who can deliver beautiful, highly usable, engaging, and exciting interfaces to help their scientists and engineers find and consume information that they need to solve complex, technical problems. You’ll collaborate on a multi-disciplinary team of developers, user experience designers, and researchers to design, prototype, and test interfaces through a user centered design process, grounding your decisions in real user feedback.You’ll create visual designs that meet the branding, business, and user requirements. You’ll communicate in minute detail the user interface design requirements including visualizations, charts, graphs, maps, and detailed interactions with wireframes, prototypes, visual composites, and/or UX specifications. You’ll also define the design patterns to drive consistency within and across applications. Success is measured by the impact to the business and our ability to work together to deliver results.
Who They Want
They're looking for a designer who:
- Has a true passion for, and understanding of typography, proportion, color, iconography, and other elements as they apply to responsive design of holistic experiences across multiple devices.
- Is a self-starter and has a healthy curiosity and eagerness to learn new things.
- Enjoys cross-functional design workshops, team critiques, and user testing where you’ll have an opportunity to further your experience in the practice of UX and user-centered design.
- Has the ability to make complex things simple by deeply understanding the problem.
- Has strong written and verbal interpersonal communication skills and a proven ability to apply them toward negotiating and selling design concepts.
- Although not required to code, has skills in web design and preferably a knowledge of CSS.