- As a visual designer in this assignment, you will concept, design, and iterate on new user-facing features and refresh UI of existing features.
- Assist the development process by creating functional spec documents and generating production-ready assets across platforms (e.g. desktop, Android and iOS).
- Work within client’s visual design language to maintain a consistent look and feel across product.
- Communicate and present designs effectively in a cross-functional product development team.
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Demonstrated knowledge of design principles and practices (e.g. layout, color theory, typography).
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. graphic, interactive, visual communications, product), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in a related field (e.g. marketing and advertising, interactive design, product design).
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and/or product teams (motion, interaction, UX research, engineering, UX writer).
- Experience implementing visual design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative software development environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop, Android and iOS.
- Strong attention to detail in all aspects of production and design.
- Ability to to clearly communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
- You are able to internalize design and user-centered feedback into actionable next steps in the design process.
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
Nice to have:
- Experience creating style-guides and/or design specification documents.
- Experience creating and/or working with design flows and user journeys.
- Experience with UX and design research and visual audits.
- Basic familiarity with HTML and CSS.
- Experience using G Suite products.