Visual Designers weave iconography, typography, color, space and texture together to help our users successfully navigate our products. We believe that all of our products should be beautiful and accessible. As a Visual Designer, you’ll delight users with designs that inspire, engage and excite them. You’ll rely on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals—from concept to execution—across many platforms. Like all of our UX jobs, you’ll collaborate with your fellow designers to constantly refine the design language and create innovative, great-looking products that people love to use.
As a Visual Designer focusing on products, you will work closely with engineers and product managers throughout all stages of the product cycle to create compelling, coherent and user friendly designs. Top candidates will be critical thinkers with the ability to express concepts verbally and visually and refine them through to final production artwork. Successful candidates will be able to have an impact on the mobile experience of millions of Android users.
We follow a simple but vital premise in the User Experience group: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their behaviors, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, copywriters and Web developers who collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
***Please send URLs for an online portfolio in addition to resume and cover letter. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities
- Contribute to the continuing development of client visual style
- Develop new approaches to complex design problems and convey ideas in tangible and aesthetically refined forms
- Translate user feedback and business requirements into on screen hand-held device and web user interfaces
- Ensure the coherent visual presentation of several touch-points on devices and on the broader Internet
- Deliver preliminary mockups, pie-in-the sky mockups and final mockups
- 4-5 years of visual design experience
- Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong creative and visual skills; the ability to explain your thinking; strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work independently and with a team
- Attention to detail and a demonstrated mastery of typography, color and page layout
- Understanding of user-centered design principles
Nice to have
- BA Degree in Graphic Design preferred
- Working knowledge of Sketch, Adobe Flash, After Effects, CSS and HTML
- Solid understanding of hand-held device/web/mobile graphics techniques and production practices
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs