We have an immediate opportunity for a Graphic Designer to join our talented Professional Services team. The successful candidate will assist in the design of web-based graphics with an emphasis on high-fidelity mock-ups and work in collaboration with a development team to fulfill client needs.
This is currently a part-time role with scope to grow. Location: On-site in Rockville, MD.
Ability for On-site for meetings in Rockville, MD. Can work remotely.
Start date is immediate. Part–time role where needs may vary. Funding goes through Feb 2018, with option periods through 2020 which are likely to be funded. Definite need for the first 1.5 years.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Design within existing branding to create a unifying vision across experiences for end users
- Meet with clients to determine the scope of a project and advise clients on strategies to reach a particular audience
- Create hi-fidelity mock-ups and/or prototypes for stakeholder review and collaboration
- Partner with designers, developers and clients to ensure final products meet design and usability objectives as well as the clients’ corporate cultures and goals
- Drive the evaluation of new and existing user experiences in the existing product by incorporating customer feedback and best practices to continuously evolve and improve the product
- Manage the development and communication of design guidelines and patterns, with focus on providing a consistent and intuitive experience across the product portfolio
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art Design or related degree
- 4+ years in professional design
- Minimum 5 years of work experience
- A portfolio demonstrating knowledge and experience in UX and UI design.
· Proficiency using Photoshop, Axure, Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and other wire framing and design tools
- Developed problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation & communication skills in both oral and written form
- Genuine desire to learn and adapt to new technologies is essential.
- Experience working in the Federal Government
- Solid UX analysis & design experience in large-scale software development environment and possess a strong understanding of information architecture and user-centered design methodology
- Demonstrated success in leading UX design and software product development opportunities from concept to successful launch/implementation
- Experience with mobile-first design, responsive design
This position is located in Rockville, Maryland.