We are seeking a temporary videographer to work onsite for our client (in Aviation space) to provide quality, comprehensive aviation news and feature video stories for next two months. In this role, you will generate story ideas, research stories, serve as associate field producer/videographer and produce and shoot stories. You will also create simple graphics (over-the-shoulder, infographics, title animations, info animations, etc). Encode video for web. Help maintain video archives.
Daily duties and responsibilities include:
1. Produce news and feature video stories.
2. Shoot and edit video stories to conform to professional-level production values.
3. Review videos for editorial and technical quality and conformance with client standards and practices.
4. Encode video for web and other media playback.
5. Crew live webcasts as TD, audio operator or camera operator.
6. Maintain video equipment, equipment locker, and video archives.
1. Bachelor degree in mass media, journalism, broadcasting, film/TV production, video graphics or related fields. Professional experience may substitute for degree.
2. Two to four years experience in an editorial newsroom, preferably TV news, or video production house experience.
3. Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and tell a story using video..
4. Ability to work on multiple projects under time pressure deadlines similar to daily TV newscast.
5. Willingness to work unscheduled hours including evenings and weekends.
6. Willingness to travel, including in small general aviation aircraft.
7. Demonstrated skills as a videographer, including knowledge of composition, lighting, audio, and shooting for editing.
8. Knowledge of common news and feature video techniques.
9. Knowledge of professional level video equipment, including cameras, remote equipment and studio equipment.
10. Strong skills in video editing, with demonstrated ability using NLE software, preferably Premiere Pro.
11. Knowledge of video encoding for web and other media playback.