An education client here in NYC is looking for a Video Production Manager for a freelance assignment from 7/23-11/23.
The Video Production Manager will handle all administrative tasks associated with producing videos for its web properties, social media channels, emails, live events and professional development. This role requires strong communication skills, someone capable of leading production meetings, defining project scope, communicating modifications in schedule, and redefining client expectations as needed. The VPM is expected to stay one step ahead of all video projects to ensure all projects are moving forward in a timely manner. The VPM might also be asked to offer creative input on scripts, storyboard and rough cuts, and occasionally step into the Producer role when needed.
• 4-6 years of experience as: Assistant Producer/Video Project Manager
• Proven track record of managing multiple projects in different stages of development (brainstorm, storyboard, scripting, and rough cuts) – and delivery of final assets – ensuring each project comes in on time and within budget.
• Competence in creating production schedules, meticulous tracking and follow-up to ensure all feedback is performed by the proper stakeholders - to meet all deadlines.
• Ability to lead a meeting, define project scope and modify expectations as needed
• Prior experience with managing vendors, RFP’s, SOW’s, and billing
• Creative eye toward storytelling via all forms of video: (animation, motion graphics, live action/talking head, and info-graphics)
• Basic knowledge of audio/video editing on Adobe Premiere and experience with education content would be a plus.
• Creation of:
o Production schedules that incorporate the needs of multiple stakeholders
o RFP’s (request for proposal) to solicit bids from prospective vendors
o SOW’s (statement of work) and processing of invoices
• Follow-up, tracking and compilation of content feedback from multiple sources
• Schedule meetings (in-person, conference calls and video conferences)
• Vendor management (vetting prospective vendors for quality, style and budget)
• Transfer video assets to and from vendors
• Competitive bidding: vet vendors for quality, style and budget
• Everyday use of UMT 360 – Business Process Software
• Participate in creative brainstorms - to assist in moving a video concept to the rough script or storyboard through to delivery
• Occasional (simplistic) audio/video editing on Adobe Premiere Pro