Video Producer Editor
6 month contract with the potential to roll on
Asap start date
Paying up to 35K pro rata
Based in Central London
***CVs need to be sent by Wednesday 15th May***
We are looking for a Video Producer Editor to join one of the UK’s largest news portals. The client’s website receives more than 20 million hits a month, so it is a great opportunity to get involved in something incredible and exciting.
This is a new role that sits within the video team responsible for the content for the Homepage for PC, Xbox, and Mobile etc. The successful candidate will cover both syndicate content as well as creating their own content.
The day to day of the role involves a complete video and editing cycle. The candidate will have to understand where their shoot calendar is taking them and what equipment they need (lighting, sound, cameras etc). They would then monitor the shots, before coming back to the office to edit the work for a quick turnaround. They would need to get the final details over to the Homepage team ready to go out as well as upload it to YouTube etc.
It is imperative that the candidate is resourceful, prepared and flexible.
You will be joining a strong team of 5 and should have a broad background as you will be covering numerous genres, including but not limited to; music, film, motorsport, technology, sports, entertainment, fashion etc. Previous digital experience as well as online editorial experience is also ideal.
There may be weekend or evening work all of which would be given back as time in lieu. There may also be some international work.
• Using video filming, sound recording and editing skills, you will create outstanding video packages for users, advertisers and partners (internal and external).
• You will have experience of self-shooting and digital editing, and sufficient online video production experience.
• You will be comfortable with on-location and in-studio filming.
• You will be supporting the work and agenda of the Channel editors, across all channels, including News, Sport, Entertainment, Cars and Lifestyle.
• You will need to work closely with the Video Content & Production Manager to proactively pitch creative ideas to the channels team.
• You will be one of the primary producers of video content and will help train others.
• For camerawork you will be experienced with filming on digital SLRs, Canon 5D Mk III and 7D cameras.
• For editing you will be experienced with Adobe Premiere CS6, Magic Bullet Colour Correction, After Effects CS6 and Photoshop CS6.
• You should be comfortable with recording and editing sound from shoots on-location and in-studio, from single interviews to group performances and podcasting. The client currently records via Beachtek audio units or onto Zoom recorders.
• An interest in still photography would also be an advantage.
• You will have a good understanding of the internet and how to engage a digital audience through video.
• You will monitor users’ feedback and, wherever appropriate, act on issues raised.
• Shoot, edit and deliver brilliant video content packages.
• Be responsible for the final edited quality of all your work.
• Be responsible for uploading videos to the video CMS.
• Help lead the visual creativity of the video original productions.
• Ensure presenter-led videos adhere to the Video quality standards.
• Lead and support the other Video Producer Editors on multi-camera shoots on-location or in-studio, as required.
• Actively work with the channel editors on feedback for what makes successful and cost/time-effective content ideas.
• Actively seek ways to promote the Video content with the PR team and external agencies.
Demonstrated experience with content development, scheduling and budgeting are required. You must be a team player with excellent organizational and communication skills and have the ability to prioritise tasks in order to meet deadlines. A Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications or a combination of work experience and education in a related field is required.
We need to send CVs over to our client by Wednesday 15th May so please send your CV AND SHOWREEL to Emily Braham at Aquent firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you can.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Video Producer Editor