We have a client in Mid-Wilshire whose current Video Editor is going out of two for 2 weeks, hence the need for a 2 week Freelance Video Editor to step in while they are out! They are a Social Media Agency with clients such as Starbucks, H&M, American Express, and more. This Video Editor will be responsible for editing short-form projects to be distributed on online social platforms. The ideal candidate must have technical prowess with the latest version of Adobe Premiere and After Effects and is comfortable working under short deadlines. This is a two-week contract role that will sit onsite with the client and does NOT require your own equipment. We're looking to hire this Video Editor immediately and have them start on March 12th and work until March 23rd. (This is a common need for this client and good work on the first project could result in additional projects!)
What you’ll be doing:
You will be working within the heart of the creative team, alongside designers, art directors and copywriters, helping to ensure that materials reflect a creative ability and high quality of work. Tasks included but not limited to:
- Help edit audience-facing content for major and exciting brands online.
- Review, edit, digitally enhance, and “have fun with” content— by and large, this isn’t your normal “EPK” work... this is a post-position requiring strong creative input and vision.
- Animate backgrounds, endplates, lower thirds, titles, templates and general motion GFX for a large volume of short-form videos in original and engaging ways.
- Create detailed project schedules with appropriate milestones and deadlines that encompass initial ideation through final delivery.
- Ensure post-production activities are completed and delivered on time and meet clients’ expectations in terms of technical and creative quality.
- Ensure source video content will output to the highest quality possible on multiple platforms (requires mastery of several dominant video formats and export codecs).
- Contribute creative and original suggestions or ideas to improve storytelling, branding, and messaging for projects on an ongoing basis, even those outside a typical editor’s purview.
- Upload, annotate, tag videos in YouTube.
- Sourcing photo and video and music stock footage as it pertains to each project.
- Experience editing creative short-form projects that demonstrate strong storytelling skills. Preferably for Social Media platforms.
- Experience in recording short-form video content
- An interest in stop frame animation, storyboarding, and digital animation techniques.
- Must have high technical prowess with the latest professional versions Premiere, and Adobe After Effects/Motion.
- Must possess knowledge of CS5, Photoshop, various plug-ins, filter packages, and color correction used in conjunction with professional Final Cut and Premiere.
- Must have strong proficiency in VFX and sound programs for projects that occasionally go beyond normal editing requirements.
- Must have experience reporting to a post-production / management hierarchy—this is not “delivery and done” work and you do not have final cut. Must be open to internal creative input from peers and management, project suggestions, client notes, and multiple iterations of work.
- Comfortable taking initiative with daily project priorities, schedule, and creative direction.
- Must be comfortable with short deadlines and quick turnaround of quality material.
- Must have an understanding of permits and release forms for shooting as well as usage rights for image and music libraries.
- Must understand the creative ideas and basic larger business needs of the client and apply them to each project from the time of launch.
- Must have ability to oversee digitization of footage from DigiBeta and HD Cam (they don’t have decks in-house but you need to know of and manage third-parties who can fulfill orders for them).
- Must have experience compressing videos to multiple resolutions for Youtube, Vimeo, etc.
- Must have knowledge of basic production processes (operating camera, mics, lighting)
- Must have familiarity of working with a Digital SLR such as the Cannon 5D
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills; high level of attention to detail.
- Must have experience with YouTube (uploading, annotations, tags, etc.)
- 2+ years experience working with short-form video editing in a professional environment.
- Knowledge of Pro Tools a plus.
Candidates will be required to submit a portfolio or reel that demonstrates effective storytelling, visual aesthetics, and technical proficiency.