Large Media and Consumer Products brand in Glendale, CA is seeking a Video Editor / Media Specialist to join their Corporate Communications Team. This is an 18-month opportunity.
The Corporate Communications team oversees messaging to employees, business partners and media worldwide. This position sits within the Internal Communications team responsible for content management and strategy, day-to-day design, and production for business-critical communications tools including but not limited to the employee portal, digital signage, email communications, presentations and more. The ideal candidate should have experience working in a Corporate Communications department for a large company or a Design Agency that created corporate communication videos.
The Video Producer / Editor / Media Specialist is responsible for crafting, filming and editing company videos that create a captivating and compelling story. In this role, you will lead all video production efforts and your work will span the entire video production pipeline, from ideation and creative, to pre-production, shoot setup and execution, and editing/post-production. You will operate a camera on production shoots as needed, manage and coordinate video assets to ensure post-production workflow stays on course, work in collaboration with our graphic designers for custom needs, provide color correction, audio mixing, and video graphics work. In addition, you will oversee the management of all our photo and video assets and provide some event and portrait photography as needed. The Video Producer / Editor / Media Specialist will be responsible for a wide range of disciplines from cinematography, audio production, photography, editing, and motion graphics.
- Oversee video production of interviews, executive messages, corporate messaging and event coverage.
- Produce edited video recaps for events, interviews and various corporate video needs.
- Provide photography support for individuals and groups in both natural light and studio lighting environments.
- Create motion graphics for videos or digital signage messaging
- Encode video for online distribution, assemble playlists and publish videos on our web environment.
- Expert level understanding of Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere
- Expert level understanding of film production and editing disciplines
- Strong knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong background in video production and cinematography
- Ability to work independently, own projects from start to finish with a desire to constantly improve our product and process.
- Ability to ideate, refine and communicate a compelling story.
- Strong communication, collaboration and negotiation skills, customer service mentality and sense of ownership and urgency
- Proficiency on MAC operating system, understanding of basic office applications.
- Online portfolio that demonstrates excellence in video production & editing and strong skills in photography and motion graphics.
- 3-5 years experience in New Media Design
Required Education: BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree required in Film & Video Production