Lights, Camera, Action! Do you enjoy calling the shots when it comes to directing commercials and video plays? Do you have a passion for making a clients vision their reality? If this sounds like you, I have a wonderful opportunity! Aquent is currently sourcing for a Video Director courtesy of one of our prestigious and well-established clients local to the Elgin, IL market area. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years working in a "commercial set" environment. If you have experience working with children for commercials, that will set you above the rest! You will work directly with the Director to come up with ideas on how to identify excellent talent and develop the potential internal video content capabilities. Individuals considered for this role with have a significant level of experience in a digital video environment where you have created and implemented a strong vision for the organization, leaving your footprint behind you.
- Collaborate with acting talent and crew about technical requirements such as, but not limited too; lighting and camera movements, sound recording requirements, set dressing, vision effects and graphics and transitions
- Prepare a carefully calculated shooting schedule ensuring deadlines and budget requirements are achieved and not exceeded
- Guide comprehensive video projects simultaneously
- Lead the development of the video team and streamline the process from conception to closure
- Guide the production team ensuring all members are in sync with the program’s requirements
- Management of video talent and phases of production and post-production in studio
- Ability to work closely with Art Directors, account teams and talent to provide clear direction and oversee final delivery of all video assets
- Incorporate creative ideas to achieve the best possible visual result
- Responsible to own video product vision and manage the respective product lines to meet corporate, strategic, and financial goals.
- Develop, deliver and manage strategic video initiatives and communicate department roadmaps
- Develop video solutions in partnership with the Post-Production Director to enhance GBI Video service offerings
- Responsible to work closely with all Studio teams including client services, photography, retouching, etc.
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others
- Ability to make creative decisions that guide the rest of the team and enhance, refine and translate original ideas into finished programs.
- Contact with video editing personnel daily to ensure deliverables remain on schedule.
- Lead the production team to direct a variety of films (short/long), live or recorded television programmes, and commercials
- Proactively conduct assessments, analyze performance over time, recognize trends and offer ideas about improvements