My client, a global broadcast network corporation are looking for a Vice President of Animation Production and development.
- Leading all day to day affairs in the animated space Internationally.
- Managing and nurturing Production and Development Manager as well as any external teams across, development and production and ensuring that content achieves strategic objectives for the network.
- Application of in depth knowledge of the branded content business for the 2-12 audience, maintaining of contact base with the kids global industry (including talent, producers, toy companies, broadcasters, competitors etc) as well a concrete understanding of the requirements within the domains of producing, licensing, merchandising and financing.
- Internal pitching of development projects to all relevant LOBs both in terms of new content and renewals.
- Understanding of various platforms and formats with overall focus on maximum exploitation of animated content.
- Anticipating the changes/challenges across production and development by leading rather than managing.
- Delegating clearly and understanding broader picture on projects and outreach (shorts, RFPs, showrunner search) allowing for strategy over literal involvement.
- Adapting influence to suit our projects; assigning others to take on workload where appropriate.
- Facilitating cross-region interaction and encouraging contribution from other teams.
- Appropriating talent and resources across regions, making the most out of our collective knowledge and setting up productions that benefit us creatively but also make use of regional budget spend and/or tax breaks.
- Expanding on our networks by speaking at events, speaking internally, hosting workshops and outreach. Encourages creative risk taking by responding to mistakes as an opportunity for creative learning.
• Integrating manager who provides leadership for work groups across multiple disciplines/channels/regions within own department
• Develops vision for the department and accountable for projects and programmes, including prioritization and planning
• Focuses on influencing departmental strategy in the mid to long-term
• Implements corporate strategy
• Sets department strategies consistent with corporate strategies
• Ensures compliance with corporate policies
• Reports to the most senior role within a major function for a business segment
• Impacts corporate performance indirectly