Our client is a AAA game development studio located in downtown Vancouver, Canada. They are the official home of a world renowned video game franchise and their objective is to push the limits on entertainment platforms and devices. The team is comprised of deep creative and technical expertise from the industry’s top shooter and action titles, working cohesively to delight the fan base and shatter expectations of what is possible.
They are seeking a highly creative and motivated Vehicle/Weapon Artist. Working on a AAA console title, you will work with a team of highly experienced artists to model and texture vehicles and weapons from supplied concept art. High quality modeling, sculpting, and texturing skills are required.
• Make a daily contribution to the creation of vehicle/weapon art.
• Be proactive about seeking feedback and communication with the vehicles/weapons lead and Art Director.
• Adhere to the Vehicle/Weapon modeling quality bar set by the Art Director and vehicles/weapons lead.
• Work with the Vehicle/Weapon Art team to achieve key milestones and deliverables.
• Must have 4-7+ years of experience in video games.
• Art-related degree and/or comparable professional experience.
• Good awareness of real time graphics issues.
• Strong aptitude in hard surface modeling.
• Strong understanding of optimized meshes to maximize the high to low poly workflow.
• Ability to work well under deadlines; self-motivated, and work well in a collaborative environment.
• Demonstrated proficiency in 2D and 3D applications like Maya, 3D Max, Mudbox, Zbrush, Adobe Photoshop. Proficiency in Substance Painter a must.
• Unreal Engine or other games engine experience a plus.