Aquent's Fortune 50 client is looking for an eContent Designer who has strong experience with vector-based illustration to work a long-term assignment, on-location for 40 hours/week in Smyrna.
The eContent Production Artist is largely responsible for creating vector-based graphics to illustrate items one would find in a instructional guide, user manual, etc to help highlight usability of products on the eCommerce site. This person is also responsible for providing illustrative and production support for the .com creative team and illustrative product page images.
The candidate must be comfortable re-prioritizing based upon the urgent needs and shifting priorities driven by key stakeholders in the organization.
Breakdown of a Typical Day:
80% Create graphic elements to support enhancements to the website in order to better illustrate product features and benefits understanding the product itself and how images represent said product in an appropriate visual and spatial way; these illustrations will live on the product pages; project assignments will be given from the manager of online art direction and completed in Illustrator. Publishing will primarily be completed by another team, but a working knowledge of setting up the approved image to be published to the site is a “nice to have” skill
10% Ensure all graphic elements and page layouts are within established brand and visual design standards.
10% Contribute to the development of the online creative culture and quality standards.
- Works closely with the manager of online art direction to ensure all assigned projects are delivered with proficient speed and exceptional quality. It is necessary for the candidate to be proficient in the "big 3" (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign). The primary program used for this role is Illustrator.
- Will be getting the image and assignment and translating that illustratively, creating an Illustrator image. The hiring manager mentioned how important it is for the person to understand spatial perception, and that maybe someone that was on an architecture/package design type of path but then has graphic design experience might be a good fit for this role.
- An understanding that this work will largely live on private brand pages to support those products rather than branded pages, at this juncture.
- Slicing and creating digital-ready artwork.in Illustrator
- Create organized and formatted files that can be shared
- Keep & files archived and accessible using established naming conventions and archive best practices
- Resourceful in locating images and translating those images and modifying per the illustrative project goal
- Help to ensure successful representation of the brand and site practices across the web site.
- 2-5 years experience working with Illustrator and preferably working in eCommerce or retail for am agency or corporate environment
- MUST have a portfolio that showcases solid conceptual, illustrative and graphics skills particularly as it relates to strong vector-based illustrations - a not complete profile highlighting this particular skill is a deal breaker for the hiring manager.
- BONUS if you've done illustrative work on assembly manuals, user guides, etc.
- Knowledge of Web and e-Business technologies, principles, and processes
- Solid knowledge of visual design fundamentals including brand identity, layout, color, typography and photography
- Expert abilities and understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite, namely Illustrator
- Highly organized and dependable; able to multi-task, work quickly and meet multiple deadlines.
- A solid working knowledge of content management systems.
- Must comprehend logical structure, readability, visual hierarchy and balance.
- Advanced understanding of digital formats and screen sizes across devices.
- Strong attention to detail, resourceful with excellent follow-through.
- Effective organizational approach and superb interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding and appreciation for the distinction between creative expression and business objectives.