The Digital Strategist is responsible for achieving the client’s strategic brand and business objectives by working with clients to provide them with guidance and working with the internal team to achieve execution of strategies. The role requires an innovator, a trendsetter, and a progressive thinker who can connect digital to all other aspects of a client business and drive growth opportunities.
- Provide strategic counsel, guidance and leadership to clients and staff in the areas of social media strategy, content strategy and analytics
- Manage digital specialists in the areas of community management, influencer relations, social media audits and content creation
- Lead digital elements of new business pitching efforts
- Work as part of integrated account teams, infusing digital elements such as paid amplification, SEO and analytics into PR programs
- Continually develop and build relationships with social media influencers and digital media contacts
- Maintain relationships with senior-level client contacts and internal contacts
- Mentor, coach and support team members ensuring constant development of their skills
- Effectively budget new scopes of work and manage staff utilization to meet targets
- Grow business prospects with existing clients; expand digital scope of work fused with PR programs; lead new business outreach process and win business Identify new tools and techniques to improve the performance of digital and PR efforts
- Assume fiscal responsibility for division, accounts and team
- Perform timely analysis of campaign performance and results
- Remain current on digital best practices
Required Qualifications & Experience
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in social media marketing or digital public relations agency
- Experience focus on lifestyle clients
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a track record of developing and executing profitable social media and/or public relations campaigns that meet client objectives.
- Impeccable communication, grammar, presentation and writing skills
- Experienced leader with the ability to effectively manage a large team
- Strong understanding of analytics, including Google Analytics, owned social channel metrics, experience conducting social media and/or search engine audits and competitive analysis
Desired Characteristics & Fit
- Strong leadership qualities including superb people management skills.
- Ability to attract, motivate, empower, coach and retain staff.
- Abundant experience interfacing with senior level clients