Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Design and conduct user research studies including, among others, lab-based and remote usability studies, field studies, surveys, and usability inspections (heuristic evaluations or cognitive walk-throughs).
- Collaborate with product teams to define and prioritize user experience research questions.
- Ensure effective communication of research findings, including synthesizing them into workable design principles.
- BA/BS in human computer interaction, cognitive science, experimental psychology, anthropology, information science or related field. In lieu of degree, 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience conducting evaluative lab studies and field studies in professional settings.
- Working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experimental design.
- Understanding of user experience design principles and best practices
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, with a specific understanding of iterative design and usability testing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; can present findings concisely and effectively.
- Can work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule.
Nice to Have:
- At least 3 years relevant work experience, preferably in the Tech field, including knowledge of a wide range of UX research methods and techniques, such as lab-based usability studies, field research, usability inspections, creation of user profiles or personas, participatory design, survey research, experiment design and statistical analysis.
- Experience with enterprise applications and the Cloud computing space is a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills, especially with regard to observation of user behavior.
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred
- Detail-oriented and ability to work independently on a variety of tasks
- Leadership and organizational skills