Our Bellevue- based consulting client is seeking a Sr. User Researcher to join their rapidly expanding team for a 3 month assignment! You will obsess about creating the best experience for anyone who uses thier clients’ products and services. They works on wide-ranging projects in e-commerce, business, education, and healthcare. You will be working as a consultant on client engagements with Fortune 100 and 500 clients in the B2B e-commerce and product spaces. You will own: recommending user research strategy and tactics, evaluative and generative research studies, developing personas, customer journey maps, producing research findings & recommendations, and educating clients on the benefit and ROI research.
• Maintain professional, consultative presence when on-site working with clients and teammates.
• Work with Head of UX & Design to identify strategic direction and processes to deliver against project objectives.
• Collaborate with program managers, engineers, designers, and senior leadership to communicate smart decisions about project direction to senior client leadership.
• Evangelize the adoption of user-centric evidence-based research process & best practices.
• Develop research plans with design and product leads to test and evaluate concepts, prototypes, and existing products.
• Conduct evaluative (e.g. card sort, tree testing, usability, heuristics evaluations), developing participant screeners and writing discussion guides.
• Conduct generative research (contextual inquiry, ethnography, data mining, analytics) to help team build deep user understanding and empathy. Synthesize insights into actionable insights and guidance: personas, journey maps, mental models, usability reports, etc. for shared and future use. Balance the level of detail for documentation with time.
Basic Requirements for the Role:
• 7+ years of experience in user research
• MA/MS in psychology, HCI, human factors, or engineering or a BA/BS in psychology, HCI, human factors, engineering
• Experience with Usertesting.com, Foresee or other customer insight tools
• Ability to work in up-front generative space as well as throughout product development that involves more iterative, rapid, and evaluative methods.
• Strong oral and written communication skills; experience presenting to executive-level audiences; proven track record of bringing clarity to messy data stories. Preferred Qualifications
• Experience presenting to C-level executives and customers.
• Ability to move beyond data by translating customer needs, behavior and insight into user requirements, and work with engineers, program managers and designers to develop specs that achieve an intuitive and usable experience for our customers.