Are you naturally curious about what makes people tick? Do you understand that making great products happens when we have great customer insights? Does the idea of owning a significant research agenda for the fastest growing mobile marketplace in the U.S. excite you? About our Research Team: We are assembling a team of research experts that thrive on complex challenges. On our way to building the simplest, most trustworthy platform to buy and sell locally, the Research team is responsible for understanding our users at a deep enough level to influence UX design and drive product innovation. About this Role: You will work with stakeholders from PM, ENG, and UX to produce comprehensive research. You’re well versed in user research methods and best practices, and have the pragmatism to ensure that your research is focused on big wins. Your responsibilities will include designing and conducting usability tests, large-scale surveys and advising on A/B testing. Ultimately you’re charged with gaining customer insights that drive product invention. What we’ll ask of you:
- Your research vision is focused on delivering high value information that helps move the business forward.
- Over time you’ll build a body of research that you promulgate throughout the company. This will increase our understanding of who our users are and let us better understand their needs.
- You will work closely with product teams to ensure that your research positively impacts the experience.
- Why you'll excel:
- You have 4+ years of success in user experience research and should have a BA in HCI, Cognitive psychology, or related field. Masters or PhD is nice to have.
- You understand that doing great research is the first step, influencing the product vision is the desired outcome.
- You have many research tools at your disposal and choose the right approach based on timeliness and impact.
- You have experience in qualitative and quantitative user research.
- You measure your own success by how influential you’ve been when a successful product launches.