Our Fortune 500 client is seeking a part-time User Research Consultant to work on a short-term project supporting their Innovation team. The role will work to support the Project Leads and collaborate extensively to design and execute exploratory and evaluative efforts on concepts and emerging ideas to provide forward thinking solutions. Hours are expected to vary but will target 10-20 hours/week working September through November 2017. Hiring manager is based in Chicago but open to remote work for the right candidate.
Ideal candidates will bring expertise in all aspects of qualitative user centered design research and execution, be comfortable in a highly collaborative work setting, and be able to produce convincing analyses and presentations. Familiar with co-creation, multi-person workshops around understanding motivations, impressions from people on targeted areas of inquiry.
The position requires a deep understanding of user centered design principles, excellent creative problem solving skills, an exceptional sense of human behaviors, the ability to translate customer insights into compelling opportunities, and the drive to influence others through vision and captivating possibilities.
- Knowledgeable of planning and execution of participatory co-creation workshops. To include but not be limited to:
- Developing and refining areas of inquiry
- Creation and development of discussion guide(s) and other session materials
- Creation and development of participant session design and support materials as well as any pre-work.
- Creation and development of participant screener
- Creation and development of facilitator guide to include session activities, agenda, timing…
- Versed and capable in review of session qualitative data in order to develop key insights and key next steps. To include but not be limited to:
- Coding of audio / video
- Notes capture to sharable Observations and Interpretations
- Producing initial “lessons learned” and “emerging stories”
- Preparation of output and reporting materials. To include but not be limited to:
- Development of final report presentation materials.
- Compendium of session capture
- Executive Summary of key insights
- Comprehensive version