• Develop new products to drive revenue, traffic and engagement growth
• Understand and analyze user needs
• Work with both product and engineering teams to define new products and features
• Build experience maps that outline all levels of an experience
• Lead brainstorming sessions and annotate all functional requirements for development
• Document use cases, user flows, experience maps, prototypes and storyboards to effectively communicate concepts
• Develop detailed wireframes that incorporate all technical, editorial, and usability specifications of the project
• Participate in user research and usability testing when needed or appropriate
• Assess and categorize all existing and proposed content.
Typical CS deliverables include:
o Research: audits, gap analysis, competitive assessments, user and stakeholder interviews, etc.
o Publishing Strategy: vision, mobile, social, search, tone / voice, monetization, etc.
o Structure: navigation, taxonomy, metadata schema, ontology, etc. Implementation: publishing workflows, content requirements, migration plans, governance, etc.
o Optimization: content ROI analysis, keyword ranking analysis, etc.
• Gather requirements to analyze user needs
• Be an advocate for the end-user