Our Fortune 500 luxury brand client who produces a wide variety of products such as Global Business Travel, Small Business, Credit Cards, Financial Service in need of a long term freelance UI Developer to join their Global Advertising, Brand Management & Digital Partnerships team, onsite, 40 hours, NYC for 6 months with the opportunity to extend. This interim position provides 5 accrued paid sick days, healthcare benefits, 401k, FlexSpend.
The role of a User Interface (UI) Developer is to provide the user interface solution to the end user, including the final look, feel and behavior of the interface in different contexts.
What You Will Do:
- The role of a User Interface (UI) Developer is to provide the user interface solution to the end user, including the final look, feel and behavior of the interface in different contexts. •
- Participate in system design, implementation, testing, and delivery of high-volume customer-facing applications that support Global Advertising and Brand Management
- Collaborate with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software features into simpler stories for planning and execution.
- Collaborate with your team to manage and estimate the size and complexity of the features/stories. Perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of feature/stories and commit to what can be accomplished in an iteration.
- Own system and feature quality throughout the development, testing and deployment phases to ensure quality delivery expectations are met. Drive value and build to continuously improve the quality of the team’s deliverables.
- Contribute to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, maintainability and culture.
- Demonstrate ownership of developed components from development through production.
What You Need:
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, 8+ years of Java, Web development
- Expertise in objected oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms, ECMAScript 6,ReactJS/Redux libraries
- Understanding of XML, JSON, React,Web Service technologies, data structure fundamentals
- Experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing
- Experience with adaptive and responsive development techniques
- Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts; the client would like to see any assessments/Github and feedback from past assignments.
- Experience with a broad range of software languages is a plus, e.g Adobe Experience Manager
What is it like working with AQUENT? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
- AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org