Aquent's Technology client is seeking a User-Centered Designer. The role is a unique opportunity for a designer/networking geek who has a zeal for designing rich web experiences AND an unrequited love for networking technologies and the products and services that make the internet work.
We're looking for a designer that likes to live in BOTH worlds -- a world where design is about beauty and a world where design is about function.
The client website provides information and tools for millions of customers and partners around the world. The site is a winner of numerous awards for excellence in usability and capability. We're looking for designers passionate about customers and user experience. We believe in an approach that blends science with the humanities to build an experience that is as compelling and indispensable as it is usable and relevant for its audience.
If you have been producing great visual design and rich interactive designs for large, general audiences, but have an itch to scratch when it comes to working in the high-tech industry, this is a great opportunity for you!
- Manage Design Reviews
- Manage vendors providing design services
- Build UE specification
- Build prototypes from lo-fidelity to high-fidelity
- Experience with Axure a plus
- Contribute to and make use of a UI component library
Responsible for (may build or manage)
Identifying components to be reused and components to be built
Prototyping / front-end code
Support UI QA and UAT
Presentation skills: Able to explain projects and UCD practices to narrow and broad audiences
UE Lead / UCD
Acting UE lead or work with UE Lead
Input to Project Plan: Work with PM and UCR to provide proper estimates for cost and time of UE work
Metrics: Pre and Post SUMI; input to KPIs, ensure instrumentation
Balancing User Needs and compromises
Work with Architects and Tech Leads
UIE and ensuring component reuse and creation
User Requirements in PRD
Ensure all design artifacts are created on time
Coordinating with groups that own standards
Visual Design QA (aka redline testing and review) and sanity checks on functionality
Design Lead or Design Manager
• Lead design activities that integrate research results, design requirements, and business requirements.
• Coordinate with peer groups across Cisco to ensure appropriate design consistency
• Drive evolution and growth of guidelines, standards, etc…
• Synthesize visual and interaction designs
• Lead teams of designers, researchers, and UI developers to produce world-class user experiences
Contribute to visual and interaction design guidelines.
BA/BS Degree in visual design, graphic design, architecture, or equivalent experience.
* 5+ years of experience designing application user interfaces
MA/MS Degree in design, HCI or related degree and:
* 3+ years of experience designing application user interfaces
This position can sit anywhere in the US or Canada however our preference would be San Jose, CA.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs