Our client is one of Australia's largest energy companies who are in the midst of an exciting transformation. They are committed to becoming a world-class organisation putting the customer at the heart of everything they do. They are looking for an experienced UX Specialist to work with both customers and internal stakeholders to design end-to-end experiences using participatory and iterative design techniques. As the UX Specialist you will be a UX all-rounder, able select and apply different research techniques and document findings, to then create wireframes and prototypes to bring your concept to life.
- Work with key business stakeholders to define, capture and prioritise user stories/business requirements.
- Conduct research using a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods to capture and prioritise user stories.
- Conduct user testing both in person and remotely to test, validate and optimise wireframes, prototypes and visual design concepts.
- Make recommendations based on findings.
- Clearly communicate and report user problems and user needs in a way that easily translates insights into actionable solutions.
- Deliver UX artefacts such as user flows, IA, site maps and wireframes and high fidelity prototypes using tools such as Axure RP.
- Work closely with visual design and development teams to ensure that user experience specifications are implemented.
- Strongly advocate with all staff, the need to improve user experiences and support them in this endeavour.
What you bring
- Your drive to “make things better” and the focus to “get them done”
- Dedication to the craft of design - all those details that others just don’t care about
- A design thinker, who can approach any problem with a creative process that identifies the root cause, then works toward a solution
- A good understanding of how to integrate UX practices with Agile
- Place the customer at the heart of what you do to deliver effective communications using a deep knowledge of customer needs to gain commercial outcomes
- Selecting and applying different research techniques to solve unique customer and business problems
- Ability to identify user needs, ensuring that team members understand these needs and integrate user needs into product and prioritisation decisions.
- Have experience articulating clear, actionable insights and recommendations, including the development of service maps and customer journeys.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 knowledge;
- Experience in wireframe/storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
- Demonstrate excellent user interface trends, techniques and technologies.
- Previous retail and e-commerce experience desirable.
- 5+ years' experience in a dedicated UX research/design role or similar (agency or client-side).