USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER
If you are a User Experience Designer comfortable working in a fast pace environment, on multiple concurrent projects and platforms – this job is for you. We are looking for an outstanding designer with experience delivering high-quality interactive experiences and a passion for designing innovative and immersive consumer experiences. You will provide creative guidance on a wide range of scenarios, deliver visual artifacts and assets to frame the experience, and communicate your vision to shape the UX story.
You will be a part of a dynamic Retail team, part of a fortune 500 company. This team focuses on delivering retail-focused scenarios for both Dynamics users and their customers. With their most recent release we now provide robust customer engagement through fully integrated ecommerce, next-generation point-of-sale software, and a true omni-channel engine that will fuel the next round of cross-device innovation on future platforms. We have a very exciting year ahead with an immense opportunity for impact and visibility.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for designing user interfaces for web, software, and/or hardware products, writing functionality design specifications, designing and implementing prototypes, mock ups, task analysis, usability studies, personas, user flows, wireframes, style guides, navigational structures, and affinity diagrams, generating design ideas, presenting and selling designs to product group, understanding customer needs and motivations and integrates them into product design to contribute to user features and functionality., acting as consultant to other team leads and may manage external production and design resources.
To be considered you must be capable of innovative thinking, and have a proven history of using design to uncover new ideas. You should be proficient at efficiently zooming from the big picture to implementation details. You should be able to illustrate how you have used these skills to successfully drive your designs from conceptualization to completion. At your core you should be known for having a great eye, solid foundation of design principles, visual flair and aesthetic values, and strong communication skills. You should be comfortable laying out the vision and rolling up your sleeves to dig into the gritty details. Ideal candidates will have a passion for the retail industry and share our enthusiasm for re-imagining the retail landscape.
Top 3 Skillset:
• Taking ideas from the concept to the production stage, including redlines, prototypes, guidelines, and other communication methods to help bring these designs to life while examining all visual language elements including Composition, Motion, Color, Typography and the Grid.
• Creating visual prototypes (comps / wireframes / animations) that will explore different scenarios and user flows.
• Expertise working daily in Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office (we deliver most storyboards and wireframes using PowerPoint).
Day to Day Activities:
• Persona based scenario authoring
• Use case and task flow diagramming
• Wireframe creation
• Final design/pixel perfect screenshot creation
• Updating UX Guidelines with polished images, redline/visual specs, and expected rules of control usage/interaction.
• Icon creation
• Image assets used for online, marketing, and print consumption
• Prototype creation
• Usability script creation
Nice to have:
• Experience in designing UI and UX for platforms that go beyond web and desktop, such as Mobile and NUI
• You must be an end-user advocate, driving user needs and goals into both creative and pragmatic design solutions
• Ability to negotiate and articulate the "why" of design decisions. You'll need to convince, to disagree confidently, take and give straightforward criticism.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER