• Provide iterative testing and heuristic review to support the development of electronic toys, apps, websites, and other digital products/services for young children and their families.
• Provide teams with expertise in child development, interface, usability, and game design principles.
• Conduct field and lab research to inform new product development and digital guidelines.
• Facilitate creative problem solving sessions to ensure products are developed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Evaluate current and upcoming technologies and products for age appropriateness, appeal, and play applications.
• Keep up to date on current trends in the toy industry, consumer electronics, and related fields.
• Experience and training in user-centered design practices and evaluation methods.
• Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills as well as analytic skills.
• Understanding of child development and excellent rapport with young children.
• Ability to identify design solutions from findings and proactively work with others to carry out actions in an effective and timely manner.
• Exceptional verbal, written, and persuasive communication skills.
• Creative problem solving skills in the face of constraints.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work without missing critical deadlines.
• Knowledge of and passion for interactive gaming a plus.
• Advanced degree in Psychology, HCI, Human Factors, Computer Science, Education, or a related User Experience field.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience conducting research particularly in the area of technology, media, or gaming.
• Previous experience working with young children preferred.
• Preference for candidates with some industry experience.
• Exemplary attendance and job performance.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs