**This UX Researcher opportunity is open to candidates who can sit in either Manhattan, NYC OR Wilmington, DE**
Our Fortune 500 client, a leader in banking technology, is seeking an experienced User Experience (UX) Researcher for their User Experience team in Manhattan, New York City. This User Experience Researcher opportunity is contract to hire, 40 hours a week, health benefits and 401K offered.
About This Client:
Our client is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide and serves nearly half of America's households with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. Our client is undertaking an aggressive digital transformation agenda, which builds on the success of the current mobile and online service offerings. They are investing in innovative ways to deepen customer engagement and profitability through the use of digital channels. The ambitions is to position themselves as the undisputed leader in digital financial services and payments and offer personalized, real-time services to customers in consumer and commercial banking.
We are looking for a creative and resourceful Digital User Experience Researcher with strong design research skills. Naturally, we want someone who can think outside (and inside) the box and provide fresh thought leadership, but we are also looking for an individual who will complement the team in ways we haven’t even imagined. If you can explain why you’re that person, we want you! As a User Experience Researcher, you will be responsible for scoping and crafting research strategy, conducting research, and delivering actionable insights for a variety of digital projects. The minimal requirement is that you can demonstrate experience and expertise planning, leading, and executing user research programs.
What You Will Do:
• Take a question or a problem and be able to translate it into a testable hypothesis complete with a specific method and tasks that illuminate the heart of the issue.
• Be able to quickly understand the needs of our internal clients especially as they relate to who their users are and what questions they really need to have answered.
• Develop research strategies and proposals and execute on time and on budget.
• Provide design recommendations with firm conviction and a gentle touch, while carefully reading people so you’ll always know the right balance of each.
• Electrify project teams with concise reports and brilliantly prepared presentations under tight deadlines while juggling six balls (and a chain saw) with the other hand.
• “Synergize” with our exceptional interaction and visual designers to further improve information architecture, site navigation, labels, and other design elements.
What You Need:
• Extensive knowledge of user experience research tools and techniques (e.g. field research, heuristic reviews, usability testing, benchmarking, card sorts, lo-fidelity prototyping methods, etc.), and know the strengths and weaknesses of each.
• Independently scope and plan a research program (can include multiple projects with multiple related studies), consulting with relevant stakeholders and team members.
• Conduct competitive and comparative research and analysis to complement user research.
• Leverage heuristics, VoC, statistical analyses, and other insightful methods to triangulate user pain points.
• Ability to connect research findings from multiple projects/sources and provide insights on a higher order.
• Confidently apply a range of frameworks to synthesize and solve research problems.
• Experience planning and facilitating workshops (hypothesis, concepting, design-thinking, insights) with stakeholders to facilitate the design process.
• Ability to mentor and lead other researchers.
User Experience Researcher Qualifications:
• 7+ years of user experience with multifaceted responsibilities. We prefer a mix of web and mobile and non digital channels experience.
• Related experience in another field such as interactive design, information architecture, and/or market research is a plus.
• Strong understanding of user interface design practices and principles a must, better still if you can demonstrate experience relating to research.
• M.A. or Ph.D. in human computer interaction, cognitive psychology, anthropology, or related field considered an advantage. Equivalent experience accepted.
• Strong project management and negotiating skills are central to the position.
• Strong communication, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills required.
• Ability to communicate research results, graphically depict data, and justify methods and approaches orally and in writing considered a good thing (wild gesturing optional).
• Strong moderation skills and methods for group facilitation and consensus building.
• Ability to work independently, in a team, and with or without direction is imperative.
• Knowledge of OvoStudios, Morae, Photoshop, SharePoint, Visio, iRise or other prototyping tools are additionally advantageous.