Our client is interested in adding a User Research Consultant to their User Experience Design team. This role will be a leader in understanding customers’ emotions and behaviors and at uncovering meaningful; and surprising insights to drive design decisions. This Consultant uses customer insights to inspire teams to deliver experiences that solve customer problems and transform their work life. User Research Consultant will bring expertise at running research studies, analyzing the data, and using storytelling, data, and visualizations to lead project teams in translating findings into successful product designs. The Consultant may also conduct task flow analysis, usability testing, and use error analysis in a regulated industry. The individual in this position will work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional team to deliver products with best-in-class user experience
In this role, the consultant will: recommend user research strategy and tactics, evaluate and generate research studies, develop personas, customer journey maps, produce research findings & recommendations, and educate clients on the benefits and ROI research.
• Maintain professional, consultative presence when on-site working with clients and teammates.
• Work with Head of UX & Design to identify strategic direction and processes to deliver against project objectives.
• Collaborate with program managers, engineers, designers, and senior leadership to communicate smart decisions about project direction to senior client leadership.
• Evangelize the adoption of user-centric evidence-based research process & best practices.
• Develop research plans with design and product leads to test and evaluate concepts, prototypes, and existing products.
• Conduct evaluations (e.g. card sort, tree testing, usability, heuristics evaluations), developing participant screeners and writing discussion guides.
• Conduct generative research (contextual inquiry, ethnography, data mining, analytics) to help team build deep user understanding and empathy. Synthesize insights into actionable insights and guidance: personas, journey maps, mental models, usability reports, etc. for shared and future use. Balance the level of detail for documentation with time.