User Experience Researcher
3-5 years experience
Our Client is looking for a pragmatic and experienced User Researcher/Usability Analyst to join a growing UX team that’s passionately focused on creating time-saving and headache-reducing digital experiences across a variety websites, brands and channels.
Major Responsibilities and duties:
The User Researcher/Usability Analyst will report to the UX Manager and will work with a multi-discipline team including strategists, user researchers, interaction designers, information architects, and visual designers. This critical role will have responsibility for planning and conducting user-centered design research and usability testing in support of web and mobile experiences.
• Define research objectives, plan and execute research projects. Distill project goals and research questions into well thought-out research plans. Offer innovative approaches to research when resources or time is limited. Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize research questions based on analysis of current knowledge, project goals and risks.
• Identify best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing. Recommend research protocols and develop qualitative and quantitative analysis; leverage web analytics and recommend new metrics when appropriate to improve understanding of web usability effectiveness.
• Manage all related logistics to successfully execute on lab-based user testing, remote testing, paper prototype testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, field research, international research, and survey design. Assist in the development of prototypes when necessary.
• Translate findings into design recommendations and actions plans to quickly improve web solutions. Strategize with the UX team and business stakeholders on how to take action on research findings. Assist in documenting usability requirements learned through research and testing
• Establish and manage a database of research and usability testing participants. Cultivate and manage customer recruitment and participation in user research, design testing, and usability testing; manage customer contacts database.
• When necessary assist with generative research methods including: expert/stakeholder interviews, field studies, contextual inquiry, focus groups, online surveys and other generative research methods. Also assist in the identification of user needs and goals, as well as scenarios, task and workflow modeling
• Perform thorough data analysis in an efficient manner in order to create insightful and actionable findings presentations (both verbal and written) within project timeframes
• Promote user-centered design and help establish robust research and design processes.
Partner with and support other UX researchers, as well as UX architects, designers and front-end developers.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
User Experience Researcher