Pay up to $42 per hour
We follow a simple but vital premise in the User Experience group: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their goals and needs, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We are a multi¬disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, copywriters and web developers who collaborate closely with each other and with Engineering and Product Management to create innovative, and usable, products that people love to use.
The role: User Experience Research Assistant:
As a Research Assistant, you'll have the opportunity to support our research activities in developing
innovative, user friendly, best of breed search products. We are looking for an individual who has
excellent communication skills, are diligent, detail oriented, and can work fairly independently.
This position is based in our client’s office in Mountain View, CA. Most of the work will take place during regular business hours, but you will need to work on evenings from time to time. You may be asked to work on Saturdays and make day trips to user study locations outside of the Bay Area on rare occasions.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
● Assistance in preparing user research activities (working with participant recruiters to schedule
study sessions, setting up the usability lab, finalizing study plans).
● Observing and running usability testing sessions and interviews.
● Administering questionnaires, surveys, and interviews.
● Taking notes during user study sessions.
● Analyzing qualitative & quantitative data.
● Communicating findings from the study to the research lead and other stakeholders.
● Assistance in creating reports (including creating graphs, highlight videos, slide decks etc.).
● Analyzing, interpreting and summarizing existing research reports and data.
● B.A./B.S. (completed) or M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (in progress or completed) in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior; or in lieu or degree, related work experience or training (e.g. General Assembly)
● Minimum 1 year of work experience as UX researcher in industry
● Knowledge of user experience research methods and when to use which method
● Previous work experience performing usability testing
● Detail¬ oriented and ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks.
● Strong oral and written communication skills.
● Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing
schedules and different projects.
● Knowledge of basic statistical concepts
Nice to have:
● Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Pay up to $42 per hour