Length: 90 days
Rate: DOE up to $42 per hour on a W2
The role: User Experience Research Assistant:
As a Research Assistant, you'll have the opportunity to support our research activities in developing
innovative, user¬friendly, best¬of¬breed search products. We are looking for an individual who has
excellent communication skills, are diligent, detail¬oriented, and can work fairly independently.
This position is based in our clinet’s office in Mountain View, CA but will work with teams in both Mountain View and New York. You may make day trips to user study locations outside of the Bay Area. You may be asked to work from other offices too, as needed. Most of the work will take place during regular business hours, but you will need to work on evenings from time to time. You may be asked to work on Saturdays occasionally. The position was created to cover a leave of absence of 90 days and is unlikely to be extended.
The team supports several engineering teams focused on key content verticals. These include TV, Movies, and Music in addition to creating designs that support the wider Search verticals.
Top 3 Daily Responsilibities:
● Assistance in preparing user research activities (working with participant recruiters to schedule
study sessions, setting up the usability lab, finalizing study plans).
● Observing and running usability testing sessions and interviews.
● Administering questionnaires, surveys, and interviews.
● Taking notes during user study sessions.
● Analyzing qualitative & quantitative data.
● Communicating findings from the study to the research lead and other stakeholders.
● Assistance in creating reports (including creating graphs, highlight videos, slide decks etc.).
● Analyzing, interpreting and summarizing existing research reports and data.
● B.A./B.S. (completed) or M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (in progress or completed) in Human Factors,
Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior; or in lieu or
degree, some related work experience.
● 1-2 years as a Research Assistant
● Knowledge of basic statistical concepts
● Detail¬ oriented and ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks.
● Interest in general research and user research methods.
● Strong oral and written communication skills.
● Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing
schedules and different projects.
● Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Length: 90 days