The area: User Experience
We follow a simple but vital premise in the User Experience group: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their goals and needs, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We are a multi-disciplinary team of UX designers, writers, producers and researchers who collaborate closely with each other and with Engineering and Product Management to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that have real impact in people’s lives.
The role: User Experience Research Assistant
As a Research Assistant, you'll have the opportunity to support our research activities in developing innovative, user-friendly, best-of-breed products that are targeted to digital content (books, music, movies and TV shows). We are looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills, are diligent, detail-oriented, and can work fairly independently.
● Assistance in preparing user research activities (setting up the usability lab, helping with logistics for large research projects, etc.).
● Observing and running usability testing sessions and interviews.
● Administering questionnaires and surveys.
● Taking notes during user study sessions.
● Analyzing qualitative & quantitative data.
● Communicating findings from studies to the research lead and product teams.
● Create written and visual reports (including creating graphs, highlight videos, slide decks etc.)
● Analyzing, interpreting and summarizing existing research reports on the digital content ecosystem.
● B.A./B.S. (completed) or M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (in progress or completed) in Human Factors, Social Sciences, HCI, Computer Science, Product Design, or other field emphasizing human behavior; or in lieu of degree, some related work experience.
● Detail-oriented and ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks.
● Interest in building/advancing a career in user experience research.
● Strong oral and written communication skills.
● Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
● Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred.
● Knowledge of basic statistical concepts preferred.
● OK with flexible working hours.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
The area: User Experience