Our client is seeking a talented user experience design leader to help envision and manage a next-generation digital experience ecosystem.
Portfolio links are must! This position is on-site in Newark, NJ
You will collaborate with senior management, marketing, product, and design partners to establish the vision and scope of digital products and meaningful user engagement. Once you’ve helped to establish an experience roadmap, you’ll execute the end-to-end digital experience with key product and customer experience managers.
The role requires effective relationship management skills and the creation of compelling strategic and tactical UX documentation. The right candidate will use design thinking to gather requirements and craft innovative solutions for a foundational enterprise initiative.
• You’re comfortable interacting with senior management and partners and enjoy educating people about great design and customer experience
• You ask the right questions, press for the answers, and are effective at aligning teams around a shared vision
• You’re comfortable with a blank canvas and painting that canvas with your ideas and vision.
• You are responsive and decisive
• You know how to pitch your vision in a compelling way. You intuitively organize your thought process and communicate effectively - especially when articulating design decisions.
• You tend to see the big picture and embrace concepts like reusability, incremental improvement, and systems thinking
• You believe a better product begins with collaboration and iteration
• You are passionate about technology, data, design, and most importantly how people effectively use digital
• Leverage research insights and data analytics to understand user needs and craft targeted digital experience recommendations
• Help define UX strategy and solutions based on available data and competitive analysis, and develop and maintain user personas respectively
• Partner with technology scrum teams to define functional requirements, user stories, and validate acceptance criteria and test scripts
• Partner with design teams to produce engaging digital experience solutions that can be translated by our development team
• Create mockups, annotated wireframes & visualizations as needed to communicate strategy and design recommendations
• Utilizing UX style guide in coordination with the interactive and visual guidelines
• Participate in the planning and scoping of usability tests for pre- and post-production
• 7+ years of experience as a UX designer, information designer, interaction designer, or similar role
• Expert-level grasp of design tools such as Sketch and InVision, and a strong understanding of prevailing web technologies
• Experience designing responsive large-scale websites based on a mobile-first design approach
• Excellent oral, writing, and presentation skills
• Proven experience leading user-centered design practices across multiple properties
• A compelling portfolio that demonstrates critical thinking, design artifacts, and a solid approach to user-centered design
• Experience with data visualization
• Ability to effectively negotiate deadlines and remain flexible in a dynamic team environment
• Experience in Financial Services and/or agency experience with large clients is a plus
• Minimum B.A., B.S. degree and/or certification in related disciplines such as visual design, marketing, experience design, psychology, information architecture, and behavioral research