UX Lead_ Institutional Platforms
This User Experience Lead at one of our valued financial service clients in Jersey City, NJ, will be responsible for making design decisions that impact the front-end of client facing applications and Web sites. The ideal candidate must have out-of-the-box thinking and be willing to take chances to develop groundbreaking ideas. Experience with mobile is a must. Will be part of a team of 8 UX senior people.
The User Experience Lead reports directly to the User Experience Senior Manager and serves as the primary person responsible for the information architecture and interaction design. This individual is responsible for participating in research, analyzing requirements, and working with senior executives and key business stakeholders to design highly-innovative concepts and experiences communicated in the form of wireframes and clickable prototypes that can be tested with end users and presented internally.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within or with a Financial Services firm on platforms used by RIAs, FAs, trading desks, fund managers and the like. The majority of the right candidate’s time would be spent working with business partners on a variety of new and existing platforms incorporating new features and functionality. This person would also work with the rest of the team conducting heuristic reviews with the intent of rationalizing interactions. With platforms that have grown over time, there are a number of things that they would like to standardize as the company redesigns existing platforms and creates new ones.
• Collaborate with business stakeholders and business analysts in analyzing requirements and assessing scope to ensure that the vision can be developed to meet business needs.
• Develop high-level concepts for features and functionality, including new product development, value-added product modules, and self-service tools.
• Extend concepts through creation of wireframes and low-fidelity prototypes that can be iteratively tested with users.
• Partner with Technology to evolve concepts and designs into functioning proofs of concept that can be further validated and tested prior to full scale development.
• Create and maintain documentation (vision statements, personas, scenarios, wireframes, task flows, etc.), for business, marketing and technology teams.
• Participate in usability testing to evolve concepts and designs to meet accessibility and usability industry standards.
• 7 years designing Web-based transactional products (i.e., e-commerce, banking, etc.) and large-scale consumer websites.
• Experience working with the Agile methodology a plus
• Demonstrated ability developing and executing creative ideas through the creation of wireframes and low-fidelity prototypes.
• Excellent project management skills; ability to plan, manage, and execute on simultaneous projects under tight deadlines in a collaborative environment.
• Demonstrated ability to define key success metrics for projects, incorporating measurable business objectives, revenue optimization and client experience best practices.
• Agency experience as a User Experience Lead, Senior Interaction Designer or Senior Information Architect level a plus.
• Must have an online portfolio or samples of recent work (i.e., mockups, prototypes, specifications, guidelines)
• Knowledge of the financial industry a plus
Soft skills is important in this role as a cultural fit seals the deal because this candidate will be interacting with various teams and negotiating how things can be executed.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
UX Lead_ Institutional Platforms