User Experience (UX) Designer
1 year contract with opportunity for extension
We are hiring for a company who is passionate, energetic, and committed team of designers and researchers tasked with shaping the evolving landscape of digital solutions supporting our brand alignment with business goals and customer needs. We work out of a design office in downtown Chicago, as well as our corporate headquarters in Chicago’s suburbs
Your role is critical in the requirements definition, analysis and solution design of employee-facing digital solutions. We work across the user experience lifecycle to support an omni-channel business; this means you’ll influence designs that span employee and customer interactions on desktop browsers, mobile devices and in-store interactions.
Our business needs critical thinkers; design thinkers to interpret business goals and identify user requirements which represent how we’ll translate the business goals into tactical software solutions. You’ll be working hand in hand with partners in Product Management, Research, Analytics/Customer Intelligence, Strategy, and Engineering to help create solutions that drive business and customer value.
User Experience Designer
Key role attributes:
• User advocacy; define user requirements in response to business goals and customer needs while working with product management and technology partners.
• Empathy for the customers and employees who use our software solutions, identifying their needs and goals.
• Strong knowledge and experience of information architecture, interaction design and experience planning.
• Experience designing for mobile solutions (phone/tablet); understanding of iOS and Android platforms as well as adaptive/responsive design.
• Evangelizes User Centered Design best practices within company, including communication to senior-level stakeholders.
• Ability and willingness to work from suburbs and downtown Chicago locations and, on occasion, travel locally and/or nationally as part of research efforts.
• Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
• Active participation in a cross-functional agile team; representing User Experience alongside visual design, product management, development and QA resources.
• Shares delivery accountability with agile teammates within a structured sprint and release schedule.
• Creates assets for user research, prototypes, process flows, wireframes, and design specifications for documentation.
• Participates in and contributes to the planning and analysis of user research.
• Follows established patterns, component usage, practices, and style guidelines when designing experience solutions and understands the rationale for their use and level of importance.
• Seeks out user data and analytics when developing experience solutions.
• Works with Product Owners, Business Analysts and Developers in the development of use cases/stories required to document the business rules and expected user behaviors.
• Participates in project reviews; collaborates with the User Experience group in the development and promotion of, and compliance to, experience design standards.
• Axure for wireframing and prototyping
• Experience designing for mobile apps and adaptive/responsive websites
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
User Experience (UX) Designer