To conceive user-centered solutions, deliver compelling visual and interaction designs, keep deliverables engaging and on-brand, and drive multiple projects.
1) Recommends and develops comprehensive user experience (UX) research plans.
• Analyzes the user experience by evaluating the applications end-to-end, driving for improved experiences
• Assists in defining user experience goals and leads research process
• Creates and applies user experience models, such as scenarios or personas, and guides the team in their use
• Works with other researchers, designers, and project managers to drive understanding of end-to-end experiences and issues
• Uses design practices, knowledge and experience with quantitative and qualitative methodologies when conducting user experience research
• Quickly and effectively analyzes and presents data to influence product design and implementation
• Delivers timely and accurate research insights and drives their integration into product work
• Communicates UX research and benchmarking to team members, customers, and business partners
2) Develops and recommends UX design.
• Influences team members and business partners, explaining the impact of designing/developing with the end user in mind
• Collaborates with project teams to define the user experience strategy
• Analyses and recommends the right approach and methodology based on the product, the channel, the audience, and the application requirements orworkflow
• Creates wireframes, prototypes and visual comps for testing to ensure design meets business objectives
• Works with business partners and market researchers, designers, and program managers, in order to solve complex UX design problems and deliver results
• Acts as subject matter expert for user insights and design inspiration
• Recommends user experience improvement opportunities
• Influences UX visual and interaction designs and ensures they remain engaging to the customer
• Acts as stakeholder in user readiness development plans, aligning self-help and training with user experience goals
3) Assists with managing multiple projects under tight deadlines across a broad variety of product categories and audiences.
• Proactively draws out user experience or design issues and successfully addresses those issues to ensure projects stay on track to meet interim project milestones, project time/scope/quality/funding expectations, and ultimately meet business objectives
• Assists teams through the Development Lifecycle for multiple projects within various phases; ensuring that the IT deliverables meet design expectations
• Performs as a project team member, owning UX deliverables
4) Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS -- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Solid understanding of UX principles and ability to apply them
• Understanding of best practices for web-based content, tools, and forms
• Knowledge of interaction design, visual design, and industry standards
• Knowledge of user centered design processes and web best practices
• Demonstrated detail and organizational skills
• Strong cross-group collaboration and persuasion skills
• Ability to respond quickly and efficiently in a dynamic environment
• Ability to learn and apply new technologies to usability and design challenges
• Solid design communication skills
• Strong presentation skills and attention to detail
BA in Design, User-Centered Design/Human-Computer Interaction
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs