Our client is looking for a UX Designer!
The Retail & Services User Experience team seeks a passionate, collaborative, and outgoing candidate to join our fast-paced group. Our work consists of various tablet, desktop, and mobile projects that exist within our retail store locations across the US. Our end users are in-store employees.
As a UX Lead you will be responsible for executing a major redesign initiative by leading the day-to-day UX work, partnering with user researchers, and communicating across business and third-party vendor technology teams. You must be accepting to vendor limitations and have the ability to think creatively to solve constraints while still providing optimal end-user experiences. Deliverable work may include strategy briefs, journey maps, and process flows. You may also be asked to create wireframes, and visual designs. You will have a strong attention to detail and be able to efficiently execute deliverables for on and offshore development teams.
Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for:
- Able to self-define tasks, deadlines, and next steps as needed
- Be the lead user experience resource for complex fast paced project
- Able to work within a multi-person UX team
- Able to translate business and technical requirements into UX strategy, process flows and approach for UX team to execute information architecture and visual design
- Able to design for different platforms and fully understand the nuances between all
- Responsible for adhering to the Retail Visual Design Language, used to guide all design decisions for our employee-facing applications
- Perform UX and design quality assurance against developed applications and log defects with development teams
- Understand and direct UX team on design specifications for development teams
Collaboration is at the center of how we develop experiences and you will be able to hold conversations with, and present to, information architects, designers, developers, business analysts, business stakeholders, and project managers.
What are the MUST have skills that you are looking for in a candidate?
- 5+ years in Photoshop
- 5+ years in Axure
- 5+ years of UX team experience within a corporate environment
- 3+ years’ experience designing for web-based applications (desktop, tablet, mobile)
- Must have portfolio of work, including journey maps, process flows, wireframes, and specifications for development and pattern/style guides
- Bachelor’s Degree in user experience, graphic design or related field
- Extensive background in information architecture or user-centered best practices
- 1+ years in Sketch
- Experience with Axure and creating prototypes for research
What are the technologies and the depth of the technologies that a candidate must have in order to be successful in this role?
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite
- Expert in Axure RP Pro to create prototypes
- Knowledgeable with Sketch
- Expert in the use of Invision to communicate with project teams
What are the soft skills that you feel candidates must-have in order to be successful in this role?
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and ability to change direction as needed
- Strong ability to collaborate and positively assert a point of view
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong communication skills
Please provide three industries that would produce fitting candidates: