THIS POSITION IS A W2 Position – Sponsorship is not an option currently
****Financial Product/Transactional Process Experience STRONGLY PREFERRED****
An Online Portfolio is REQUIRED
One of our Fortune 500 Financial clients is looking for a dynamic User Experience Designer in NYC who is a user-centered, innovative designer who is committed to creating beautifully simple experiences, and engaging interactions. This role will be support facing for the field reps for mobile applications.
- Think through complex features and flows, balance user needs and business needs, and make the complex simpler and more engaging to users.
- This is a hands-on role—the UX person is expected to create design work as well as inspire and guide junior designers.
- Help define and drive the future of the company's product experience from signup to long-term engagement, Transactional Financial processes for both customers and financial planners.
- Four+ years experience designing interfaces for large-scale digital experiences and applications.
- An extreme passion for understanding the user, and a strong communicator of the user’s perspective throughout the design process.
- A belief that UX is more than just UI, and includes all user-centered design activities from research, concepting, flows, sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, annotations, and more.
- Extensive knowledge of best in class interaction design patterns across a variety of platforms.
- The drive to push beyond existing design patterns, and to consistently create visionary work.
- A track record of working collaboratively with other designers, researchers, engineers, and product owners.
- Working knowledge of design and prototyping tools, such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, Invision and anything else needed to get the job done.
Things the client values:
- Curious minds and an appetite for learning
- Passion for the craft
- A strong point of view with a healthy dose of humility
- A collaborative mindset, perseverance and a great sense of humor
- A passion for User Experience
- A personality that thrives in agile/nimble environments
- Willingness to take risks
- A belief in our vision
- Creates elegant, best-in-class UX design deliverables that go beyond best practices, and consider user, business, and tech needs
- Consistently sells through design ideas to collaborators and stakeholders
- Can identify, talk through, and attempt to resolve problems related to intra and interdepartmental issues, project process and timelines, and questionable design decisions.