Our client is seeking a UX Designer for a 1 year assignment with high likelihood of extension or conversion. You will be part of a team that is responsible for both creating and evolving the digital transformation of the front-line operation. You are a forward-thinker, a rule breaker, and willing to challenge and provoke new ways of connecting with our airport Customer Service Agents (CSAs). You will be leading the charge in creating a mobile-first strategy for interacting with our customers to create an exceptional in-airport experience. As a user-experience designer, you will perform evaluative research to identify how our Agents are currently working with and using products developed by the mobile operations team. You will also analyze workflow tasks, develop task flows, produce wireframes and prototypes, as well as help define the visual style for our suite of digital products. This position requires strong organization and communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively across related teams. You’ll also need to be deeply passionate about getting to know our CSAs, support our empathy for their work environment and needs, and help create great product experiences for them while balancing the goals and requirements of the business.
The User Experience Designer will report to the User Experience Manager and will work closely with a team of Product Managers, other UX Designers, and software engineers in an agile delivery environment.
- Conduct user research and observe front-line employee behavior
- Develop and evaluate prototypes with stakeholders to see how they map to various business and CSA needs
- Be an end-user advocate, driving user needs and goals into both creative and pragmatic design solutions
- Work directly with UX Researchers and engineers to maintain the integrity of the user experience, communicating using various methods
- Recruit and schedule usability participants for research studies.
- Generate ideas in the form of site maps, storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, rough sketches, flow diagrams, or comps to clearly communicate interaction concepts
- Lead the creative process with product teams in ideation exercises to push the boundaries of the future of user needs and interactions
- Stay on top of the latest industry trends and mobile OS releases
- Create design specifications (i.e., redlines and style guides)
- Participate in the creative execution of ideas and concepts
- A BA/BS or higher degree in HCDE, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Industrial Design, User Experience, Information Design, Graphic Design or related degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant work experience, preferably with mobile and tablet experiences
- Deep knowledge and application of user-centered design approaches and interaction design best practices
- Experience operating as an individual contributor in a user research role.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Deep understanding of user interface patterns for native mobile applications (primarily iOS and android).