User Experience Designer – London - £300 - £400 per day
Our client is a market leading Travel Company and they are looking for a freelance product designer to join theirr diverse, talented design and user experience team.
Based in their Angel office; you’ll be working closely with a range of designers, engineers and product people to provide creative solutions across our product; tackling unique design challenges, improving the user journey, and putting smiles on our customer’s face.
You’re likely an ingenious interface wizard or a wireframing, prototyping machine, either way you’ll enjoy diving deeper into the design process and solving problems big and small.
You’ll be able to balance detail and simplicity in order to create experiences that users love and be passionate about how they interact and experience what you design, you’ll also enjoy focusing on and digging into the smaller functional and fiddly bits within a bigger service.
This company learns about their customers’ behaviours and then use that understanding to improve customer’s experience across all their services - there’s a lot to take in and crazy complexity to juggle but it’s a great opportunity to play a role in shaping a leading global travel site.
Don’t forget to include examples of your work, demonstrating user focus, idea generation, problem solving and how you effectively communicate your thinking.
- Collaborate with the design, product and research teams to create delightful user experiences for our global audience
- Design mobile-first UI components, modules and whole pages with a focus on quality and production value
- Create wireframes and prototypes for design exploration and user testing
- Utilise existing data and research resources effectively whilst validating new ideas quickly with lean, guerilla testing methods
- Be structured in your approach to understanding users, and frame design decisions around your findings
- A curious, inquisitive and structured approach to your work
- Solid understanding and passion of detailed interaction and information design
- Experience of creating or working with design systems and user behaviour models
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment with multiple stakeholders
- An understanding of HTML/CSS and responsive design techniques
- Strong communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate design rationale
- Experience in solving end-to-end UX problems, with an emphasis on the front end, final execution
- Experience in insight-driven design (site analytics, MVTs and user research)