UX Designer - E-commerce platform
Portfolio submission required for candidate consideration. Must have major retail, ecommerce, mobile design experience.
User Experience Designer
At our retail ecommerce client you will envision and design best-in-class user experiences for the world’s largest online marketplace with over 100 Million shoppers and 25+ million sellers. You will partner with cross-functional teams to address exciting new business opportunities using your design creativity and user-centered design principles. You will be part of a team that is reinventing marketplaces for buyers and sellers on a grand scale.
We are seeking a designer for our Shopping Experience product design group, to focus on design for our Merchandising efforts across platforms. The Merchandising team is a fast-growing business within the family. It’s ambition is to help customers easily discover all the products needed to complete their shopping mission and incentivize them to purchase them together. We leverage client unique data on browsing, search, and purchase history for millions of users to generate these recommendations and discounts for each user at the right time and on the right device.
The ideal candidate would demonstrate an ability to design simple, engaging and meaningful interfaces within a complex ecosystem across any device. They would have an understanding of design principles and trends, and have a passion for learning and growing in the design field. Prior experience creating and implementing interfaces for mobile is a bonus.
We’re looking for an inspired designer, to jump in with the larger Merchandising team in defining new experiences to deliver shopping recommendations on our site. You will be engaged with, and support, a team of designers, product managers, engineers, and researchers dedicated to developing innovative, beyond-easy-to-use, best-of-breed mobile & desktop products that deliver recommendations to our shoppers.
• UX Foundations: Strong creative, conceptual and problem-solving skills to translate conceptual ideas (business needs and user goals) into best-in-class designs.
• Team spirit: Work collaboratively with cross-functional team of Product Managers, Engineers, Marketing and Research to define the best user experience for our products.
• Process: You will work within an agile/scrum process that supports creative design thinking, while meeting sprint deadlines.
• Design connectivity: Use your design skills to support cohesiveness across multiple design touchpoints. Ensure that Merchandising designs maintain a cohesive quality with our design standards and principles.
• Craftsmanship: Ability to translate user goals and behaviors into artfully crafted design ideas. Able to create workflow diagrams, wireframes, and mock-ups rapidly and at the right level of fidelity (e.g., sketching and white boarding, to IxD modeling for dev, to polished visual deliverables and keynote proposals)
• Information gatherer: Assess data from multiple sources (product requirements, tech constraints, UX research, web analytics) and synthesize it in order to develop efficient user scenarios, taxonomies, navigation systems, design patterns, etc.
• User Centricity: Help define, request and incorporate relevant and recent UX research and data from customers to appropriately inform design decisions. Meet UX guidelines and style across platforms.
• Design Intuition: Work passionately to understand project metrics, and lend your creative solutioning talent to meet those metrics. Understand how to create compelling designs that hit usability, efficiency, and scalability needs.
• Lead by Example: Relentlessly push to produce new ideas and solutions that go beyond what is being asked for.
• Experience in designing across mobile and desktop devices. Designing for eCommerce a plus.
• A portfolio of relevant past design work and a demonstrated ability to cover all responsibilities above.
• Experience working in agile a plus, along with partnering with dev to see design concepts through to implementation.
• Extra points if you have hybrid visual and interaction design skills and are quick to pick up new design programs.
• Proficiency and flexibility with your tools. We primarily use Sketch, but experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. counts.
• Familiarity with prototyping for both micro-interactions and larger flows – whether you use Principle, Origami, Keynote, Axure, InVision, or another tool/framework.
• Bachelor's Degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or related discipline. 2-3 years design experience in the industry.
• Portfolio required for candidate consideration.