Currently seeking a passionate, experienced User Experience Design Tester to be part of the creative team for the design and development of innovative interactive exhibits for museums. Successful candidates must be a self-starter and utilize user experience skills to work with multi-disciplinary teams to test wireframes, prototypes, and in process software, ensuring that educational, experience, and user interface goals are met and are clear to the visitor.
- Work with project teams to schedule usability testing in a timely manner.
- Meet with project teams to understand the exhibit goals and desired outcome of the interface.
- Create Invision prototypes or other method of testing prior to scheduled usability test.
- Develop test plans that accurately test the visitors understanding of the exhibit goals and ensure that all requirements are met.
- Recruit internal and external test participants of varying age ranges. This may require after-hours testing (5-8pm).
- Conduct usability testing utilizing industry-standard techniques.
- Document test results and provide to project teams and clients in a standardized document.
- On occasion identify when other testers are needed and coordinate with the Director of Design to meet that need.
- Remain on the forefront of the usability testing industry and continue to improve testing processes.
- 1-3+ years experience and BFA/MFA in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of usability testing techniques and testing software such as Invision.
- Demonstrated experience creating test plans and facilitating usability testing with a wide age range of testers.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide age range of testing participants.
- An understanding of how usability can be impacted by physical space – light, sound, etc.
- Experience with all forms of single and multi-user interactive experiences including but not limited to small and large touch screens, mobile, web, AR/VR, and gesture control.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational, project and time management skills.
- A great attitude with an emphasis on quality.
- Ability to work effectively and successfully in a collaborative team-oriented work environment.
- Natural ability to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Competency with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator a plus.
If interested in this position and would like more information, please apply to this posting and qualified candidates will be contacted immediately.