The User Experience Architect will support and report to UX Managers and will work with a multi-discipline design team including user researchers, usability testers, visual designers and front end developers. This critical role will play a key part in defining, shaping and crafting digital solutions by delivering outstanding user-centered designs in support of web and mobile experiences.
Major Responsibilities and duties
• Provide input on plans for delivery and release schedules for the UX disciplinary track
• Perform competitive analysis, market assessments and heuristic evaluations of the business-to-business marketplace
• Ability to quickly capture and assimilate information from a variety of sources; responsible for translating business requirements and user needs into innovative design solutions that are engaging, valuable and usable.
• Distill goals, constraints and risks into well thought-out plans. Prioritize tasks, manage expectations, mitigate risks and offer creative approaches to achieving design solutions even in the context of challenging constraints.
• Create project briefs, presentations, user flows, site maps, taxonomies, wireframe specifications and other necessary documentation to communicate the recommended user experience to internal stakeholders and development teams.
• Collaborate with user research on activities like usability studies to understand customer behavior, refine design approaches, and validate solutions.
• Strategize with team members and product managers to take action on research findings.
• Brainstorm, research, wireframe, design, and iterate user experiences within specified product requirements and deadlines.
• Work closely with a cross-functional team that includes developers, system architects, product managers, subject matter experts and program managers
• 3+ years experience in user interface design, information architecture, interaction design, human factors, and other related UX disciplines.
• BS/BA degree in design, technology, psychology, human factors or HCI is preferred.
• Experience with complex e-commerce businesses, must have a strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (eg: wireframes, user flows, site maps, research, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to develop big ideas, and execute flawlessly against them in a highly collaborative environment. Ability to define and lead strategic and complex transactional interfaces.
• Ability to employ pragmatic and effective approaches to UX. Keen understanding of usability principles, web standards, UI patterns and their application. Experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions.
• Proven ability to diplomatically advocate for the user, communicate informed design rational and value, as well as manage related expectations, culture and process changes.
• Effective cross-function collaboration skills. Outstanding communication, organization, time management, and interpersonal skills. Some project management (work plans), level of effort estimation, deliverable quality assurance skills required.
• Experience with all stages of the software development lifecycle in both traditional and agile environments.