Our healthcare client, located in San Francisco, CA has an immediate need for a contract Sr. Content Strategist
- Our client’s eBusiness User Experience Team is working to create “wow” experiences for their customers. This team provides full-service interactive creative services to help achieve our client’s collective goal of being a high-performing team, dedicated to web product excellence and ease of use.
- This role will be responsible for defining the CM strategy, based on best practices including: standards, governance, review, processes and creating our client’s implementation plan. Our client is looking for someone to join their team and partner with them from the ground up in transforming their CM approach.
- The Senior Content Strategist will be an advocate for usability of our client’s websites from the content perspective, including site architecture, labeling, editorial voice, brand and user-centered content strategy.
- Working closely with Interaction Design, Visual Design and Usability Testing, the Senior Content Strategist will develop a CMS strategy & plan including requirements in collaboration with business stakeholders, devise effective content and architecture solutions, and implement them.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to add value to stakeholder requirements with user-centered strategies that drive online business success. The candidate will be able to apply business sense and marketing savvy to construct websites, sections and pages to satisfy these needs.
- The Senior Content Strategist must have demonstrated expertise in web information architecture, with a strong working understanding of the principles of best-practice web IA for usability, findability and site management.
- This person must also be a strong web writer and editor who can construct compelling UI copy to help users understand and complete tasks; convey complex health insurance product and service information in a way that is easy to understand and act upon; and craft effective, on-brand marketing copy for campaign collateral, emails and newsletters.
- The person in this role must also have expertise in SEO, including the application of best practices, as well as skills in keyword research and strategy. The ability to interpret and apply web analytics data in order to optimize websites and pages is also required.
- Also key to this role is fluency in content management systems, with skills in CMS operation and demonstrated experience managing content on large, complex websites.
- To be successful in this role, the candidate must be a team player, possess the ability to work independently, and have a passion for learning our client’s business and products
•Create a CMS strategy and plan for implementation. This will include collaborating with stakeholders, gathering requirements, aligning to best practices and supporting a successful implementation.
• Work closely with eBusiness teams, Marketing, and business partners to translate requirements into effective content and information architectures that drive user adoption rates for self-service features, retain members, increase revenue from online applications, and precisely communicate product features and benefits.
• Implement and evangelize our client’s online editorial style and standards across all web properties, while clearly defining new product features and reinforcing their brand
• Write, edit, and proof content
• Contribute to the identification of unmet site-wide needs by suggesting navigation and content improvements, contributing to strategic solutions
• Gather project requirements and explore strategic content design and solutions that clearly fit business goals and user goals, while promoting the company brand
• Effectively and convincingly prepare and present content strategy recommendations to product managers, business unit clients, and executives
• Embrace and implement SEO best practices to support findability, usability and marketing objectives by optimizing on-page content, content structures and metadata
• Will take direction from the Manager of Content Strategy, but need to be able to work as a lead to explore and create successful content and navigation solutions
• Work closely with the product, engineering and QA teams to support implementation and QA efforts
• Participate in formal and informal content critiques; give effective feedback to peers
• Serve in a supporting role in the planning and development of web portal capabilities
Candidate must possess:
• Excellent writing and editing skills, with a strong command of best-practice web content standards, with strong SEO research and implementation skills
• Expertise in web information architecture
• Ability to act as an advocate for the customer
• A strong understanding of user-centered design and navigation principles
• Ability to operate effectively and collaboratively on a cross-functional team that includes Interaction Designers, Visual Designers, Content Strategists, Web Editors and Usability Researchers/Testers
• The creativity and ingenuity needed to create content strategies that balance user needs with business/legal requirements
• Excellent communication, speaking and presentation skills
• Excellent customer service skills with ability to work with all levels of the organization
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 5 years’ experience optimizing content structures, writing, editing and producing content for major customer-facing websites
• Strong skills in content management, including using content management systems and other web technologies
• Working knowledge of user-centered design documentation systems such as wireframes, prototypes, comps and design specifications
• Working knowledge of Photoshop, Visio, Axure, Acrobat and InDesign
Job Location: San Francisco, CA