The Usability Tester/Analyst will utilize usability tools and research methods to provide actionable insights that drive future design improvements. The qualified applicant will work to improve the usability, usefulness, and desirability of web sites and applications in collaboration with User Interface Designers, Project Managers, Information Architects and Content Strategists. Responsibilities include developing usability test plans and scripts, conducting tests, test analysis and reporting of the results. This position does not involve any design or programming.
• Collect testing needs from internal clients, and determine priorities that are consistent with business goals and objectives. Proactively identify new opportunities that will offer actionable learning.
• Plan, moderate and scribe focus groups, remote and one-on-one usability sessions to obtain user preferences and feedback.
• Present findings and recommendations in a plan that drives future design improvements.
• Generate wireframes (paper or electronic "sketches") and prototypes as needed.
• Assist in ethnographic research projects employing observational techniques to better understand customer motivations, behaviors and needs
• Maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of different research methodologies and data analysis techniques.
• Experience with an extensive variety of Usability research tools and methods (especially user-centered design processes), and involvement in running a variety of tests.
• Comfortable interviewing and observing people in many different situations and also putting them at ease.
• Proven track record of consistently producing deliverables that are well-written and contain helpful information, providing solid and actionable recommendations.
• Proven ability to synthesize lots of information and distill it into meaningful data
• Creative thinker with strong people interaction and facilitation skills.
• Solid organization, project management and planning skills with web application implementations.
• Detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Should be self-directed with effective time management skills.
• Proven ability and desire to work effectively as a member of a team.
• Ability to quickly learn and adapt in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment
• Self-starter who is comfortable with minimal day-to-day guidance and independently managing deadlines.
• Exhibit strong problem solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills with the ability to make sound recommendations and decisions based on observed user behavior and prior experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook.
BA/BS or MA/MS in behavioral science or closely related discipline. Qualifying fields include but are not limited to: Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology (Cognitive or Experimental), Interface Design, or Computer Science.
At least 2 years of relevant experience in Human Factors as a Usability Analyst, Usability Support Analyst or similar role in a professional environment.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs