The Usability Research & Testing Analyst will utilize both qualitative and quantitative tools and research methods to provide actionable insights that drive future design improvements, optimize current designs and assist in achieving business goals. The qualified applicant will work to assess and understand customer needs to improve the usability, usefulness, and desirability of the website in collaboration with User Interface Designers, Project Managers, Visual Designers and Content Strategists. This position will reside on the usability research and testing branch of the internal design team and work closely with key stakeholders within the Digital Operations organization.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Assisting in the development of usability test plans
Conducting tests, test analysis and reporting of results
Managing tests in queue
Analysis of data from multiple sources (both quantitative and qualitative)
Distilling results into actionable insights
Tracking and measuring impacts of tests to business goals
• Collect testing needs from business partners, and determine priorities that are consistent with business goals and objectives. Proactively identify new opportunities that will offer actionable learning.
• Assist in the planning and facilitation of focus groups, remote and one-on-one usability sessions to obtain user preferences and feedback.
• Analyze findings and present recommendations in a plan that drives future design improvements.
• Assist in research projects to better understand customer motivations, behaviors and needs.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of different research methodologies and data analysis techniques as well as channel and industry best practices.
• Assist in the gathering and analysis of data (quantitative metrics, usability videos, usability sessions, customer feedback).
• Provide reporting on specific projects and on recurring basis for desired metrics/projects.
• Maintains user testing library of test assets and results.
• Build and maintain metrics dashboards and reports to track website interaction and identify trends.
• Merge data from various sources to present holistic view of the customer experience and develop strong recommendations to present to key team members.
• Experience with an extensive variety of usability research tools and methods (especially unmoderated remote) and involvement in running a variety of tests.
• Proven track record of consistently producing deliverables that are well-written and contain helpful information, providing solid and actionable recommendations.
• Proven ability to synthesize lots of information and distill it into meaningful data
• Creative thinker with strong people interaction and facilitation skills.
• Detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to quickly learn and adapt in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment.
• Self-starter who is comfortable with minimal day-to-day guidance and independently managing deadlines.
• Exhibit strong problem solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills with the ability to make sound recommendations and decisions based on data and prior experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs