Our client, a large Oil & Gas company in Spring, is looking for a UX Designer to help them solve some of the world's toughest energy challenges by building user-centered software for their engineers and geoscientists. This is an opportunity to work in a company that values user experience, and to join a corporate community of UX professionals who will challenge you and grow your skillset. If you are looking to work on challenging engineering software with highly technical problems, and have strong skills in interaction design, data visualization, this may be the perfect job for you!
Activities and Skills
- You’ll work on a cross-functional team of scientists, engineers, and other designers overcome design challenges to improve current business work processes by 100x.
- You’ll go deep on building an integrated way to build multivariate data visualization for technical scientific and engineering applications.
- You’ll work with other designers and sometimes alone to sketch designs, make paper and electronic prototypes to test concepts early and quickly.
- You’ll conduct usability tests in the field and at our usability lab, sometimes on your own and sometimes with a User Researcher. You will access to real end-users, and test with them frequently.
- You will work with software developers who work in C#/WPF and Python so being able to understand and work with them in WPF or Python QT UI development (especially XAML styles or CSS for QT) is a strength.
- You will need to make complex things simple, but only by deeply understanding the problem.
Your expertise, verbal and visual communication skills will help the team both understand the problem and develop better solutions, and overall success will be creating a shared understanding of the value of UX by non-designers.