Our client is looking for a UX Designer who comes from a technical background environment.
*Candidates must be able to grasp deep scientific engineering terms quickly, problem solve and think on their feet
*Candidates from automotive or aerospace industries would be key and helpful in this role
*Possibility to work 1-2 days remote and 3-4 days onsite, but must be able to work onsite for first 30 days or so fully, 5 days/wk
• Minimum 5 years of UX/UI design experience for complex cross-platform software applications.
• A strong portfolio that displays a complete understanding of the design lifecycle, from conceptual design through to production, via a wide array of deliverables such as empathy maps, task analysis and flows, journey maps, wireframes, mockups, and production versions of final designs.
• Experience designing solutions for complex engineering problems, preferably in the CAD/CAM market.
• Experience with a variety of software packages including Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, TechSmith Morae Manager, and UX specific wireframing tools such as Balsamiq and Axure.
• Understanding of designing for disabilities, including knowledge of Section 508 ADA requirements.
• Experience designing for an international audience.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to simplify and explain abstract concepts.