In this role, you will apply your demonstrated UX excellence to our burgeoning digital/mobile product line; our evolving book, courseware, and academic products; the print and digital display/delivery of learning content; certification exams and services; instructional videos and apps; and marketing materials.
Your work should demonstrate the creativity, strategic insight, and dexterity needed to design for our complex portfolio of multiple audiences, sub-brands, and channels.
The ideal candidate brings 3 or more years of experience in hands-on, innovative user experience and user interface (UX/UI) design, interaction design, and web design.
In addition to exceptional creativity and design skills, you must possess superb communication, critical-analysis, and solution-building skills, with a track record of developing great relationships with internal and external partners.
In this role, you will:• Develop the UI and UX of learning products and services.
• Conceptualize design solutions – bringing them to life through comps, wireframes, rapid prototypes, and final designs and templates.
• Collaborate with teams across the organization and the company to ensure we maintain industry leadership, and deliver innovative, exciting, and emotionally engaging designs.
• Create and apply brand frameworks within product lines and across the entire portfolio, ensuring a cohesive brand experience for customers.
• Assess and synthesize data from multiple sources to develop project strategy and drive innovation and continuous improvement.
• 3 or more years of experience in UX/UI design.
• Competency with Adobe Creative Suite CS5.5 and other media-design tools.
• Working knowledge of HTML5 and CSS, with coding and prototyping skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field, or equivalent industry experience.
• 3 or more years of experience as a UX/Interaction designer.
• Exceptional visual communication skills, with a dedication to detail and consistency.
• Portfolio samples demonstrating excellence in branded user experiences; information architecture; prototyping; typography; color; composition; and layout.
• Ability to rationalize, articulate, and execute design concepts; collaborate effectively with stakeholders and partners; and deliver customer-centric solutions.
• Fluency with digital and print publishing requirements and standards.
• Knowledge of usability and accessibility best practices.